Fall 2020 Graduate Space Reservations
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Penn GSC
The Office of the Deputy Provost and the Graduate Student Center are providing a temporary study/relaxation space for graduate and professional students beginning Monday, February 1.
The space is located in the Ben Franklin Room on the 2nd floor of Houston Hall, and will be available Monday-Friday from 9AM to 4PM each day through December 11.The graduate and professional student study space is provided for students to have a safe environment conducive to study and relaxation.
Policies and Procedures
All students who reserve a seat must comply with the following policies and procedures:
- Use of seats is restricted to current graduate and professional students who have made a reservation.
- Reservations can be made from 1 to 5 business days (M-F) in advance.
- Each individual may reserve one seat per day during only one of two reservation blocks: Morning 9AM-12PM or Afternoon 1PM-4PM.
- After submitting a reservation request, students will receive two emails:
- An automatically-generated email acknowledging that a request has been received.
- A second email confirming the reservation will be sent no later than 5pm on the day before the student's desired reservation date/time. This is the reservation confirmation.
- Students must show both a GREEN PennOpen Pass and a graduate PennCard upon entry to Houston Hall.
- Students must be able to show a reservation confirmation to University staff on site at any point during the reservation period.
Using the Space
- Students must abide by all safety precautions described in the Student Campus Compact, including wearing face coverings and adhering to social distancing requirements at all times.
- No food or drink is permitted in the study space.
- This space will operate as a quiet study area. Cell phone calls must be taken outside the building.
- If a student needs to briefly leave the room, they may return within their reservation window. A PennOpen Green Pass and Penn Card must be shown for building re-entry.
- Houston Hall remains otherwise closed to students at this time.
- Students must avoid moving around the study space except when using the restroom or making a cell phone call.
- Students must leave promptly at the end of their reservation block so housekeeping can ready the space for the next reservation block.
Violations of the Student Campus Compact will be referred to the University’s Compact Review Panel. Students who do not comply with these guidelines for space usage will be asked to leave the space and may be prevented from making future seat reservations.
Please Note: This space is being provided in accordance with current health and safety guidelines. We will continually assess how to best meet student needs guaranteeing the safety of staff and students on campus.
All services are subject to change; revisions will be made as necessary with guidance from the University of Pennsylvania, city and state officials, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Please review the full guidelines and policies above before reserving a seat.
Please click on the date and time you wish to reserve a seat:
February 1 - 5
February 8 - 12
|Monday, Feb. 8, 9am - 12pm||Monday, Feb. 8, 1pm - 4pm|
|Tuesday, Feb. 9, 9am - 12pm||Tuesday, Feb. 9,1pm - 4pm|
|Wednesday, Feb. 10, 9am - 12pm||Wednesday, Feb. 10, 1pm - 4pm|
|Thursday, Feb. 11, 9am - 12pm||Thursday, Feb. 11, 1pm - 4pm|
|Friday, Feb. 12, 9am - 12pm||Friday, Feb. 12, 1pm - 4pm|
February 15 - 19
|Monday, Feb. 15, 9am - 12pm||Monday, Feb. 15, 1pm - 4pm|
|Tuesday, Feb. 16, 9am - 12pm||Tuesday, Feb. 16,1pm - 4pm|
|Wednesday, Feb. 17, 9am - 12pm||Wednesday, Feb. 17, 1pm - 4pm|
|Thursday, Feb. 18, 9am - 12pm||Thursday, Feb. 18, 1pm - 4pm|
|Friday, Feb. 19, 9am - 12pm||
Friday, Feb. 19, 1pm - 4pm
February 22 - 26
|Monday, Feb. 22, 9am - 12pm||Monday, Feb. 22, 1pm - 4pm|
|Tuesday, Feb. 23, 9am - 12pm||Tuesday, Feb. 23,1pm - 4pm|
|Wednesday, Feb. 24, 9am - 12pm||Wednesday, Feb. 24, 1pm - 4pm|
|Thursday, Feb. 25, 9am - 12pm||Thursday, Feb. 25, 1pm - 4pm|
|Friday, Feb. 26, 9am - 12pm||Friday, Feb. 26, 1pm - 4pm|
If you have questions or concerns regarding the Graduate Student Space in Houston Hall, please email Anita Mastroieni at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Fall 2020 Graduate Space Reservations Question."